Just so there’s no doubt, patriotism means
- “love that people feel for their country” (Merriam-Webster)
- “strong feelings of love, respect, and duty toward your country” (MacMillan)
- “The quality of being patriotic; vigorous support for one’s country” (Oxford)
- “devotion to one’s own country and concern for its defence” (Collins)
- “the feeling of loving your country more than any others and being proud of it” (Cambridge)
None of these widely recognized, authoritative sources mention The President.
While I’m sure most of us assume the President should be a patriot, that doesn’t seem to be guaranteed. And the reverse, liking the President and/or his (or her) acts, does not make you a patriot.
You are welcome to do so, to like the President, but don’t call yourself a patriot for that reason. That’s not the word means.